30 april, 2007

New F3J-event

Sunday 28th of april, it was another F3J-event at Cirrus airfild, Spydeberg, Norway. 17 pilots attended, my club with 5 pilots. Nice weather, with lots of small thermals most of the day. And lot of sink of course... We flew 5 prelims and 2 finals.
I did quite well, and ended third in the prelims. Only one mistake. Droped of the line in one start, and had to restart. But got 914 in that round, and ended up with an average of 985. And got a personal best with flighttime 9:52,5 in round one. Nice! Of course nothing compared to the 9:57 something that we have seen, but in a norwegian competition, this is a nice time.
The other in the finals where my team-mate Erik Morgan, Arnfinn Lie, Jo Grini and Øivind Ellevog. Erik got the lead after the first final, but missed a bit in the second. Jo Grini was again at the top of the podium, with Erik as second and Arnfinn at third. I got forth and Øivind fifth.
A little drawback for me was a "midair" with Tor Midtlund. He's Perfects senter sections was a lot harder than mine Perfects wing tip... I lost.
But Jo offered to repair the tip for me, and now as I write this, I got a SMS from Jo, telling me that the tip is already repaired, and shipped back to me! In just a few hours... I owe you a big one, Jo. Thanx!
Next F3J competition in Norway is the nationals, first weekend in june. At "Klanten airfild", with Jo as the organizer. It will for shure be a nice event, and I look forward to it! Would probably leave a day or to early to get familiar with the high altitude of the field (around 900 meters I think.)

1 kommentar:

F3B at Home sa...

Hi Egil,

Congratulations for your new personal best. I got mine last weekend in speed task :-) A godd month for both.

Looking Forward

Sergi Valls