24 september, 2006

Nationals F3J...

is over, and: I got a place in the final! After flying Crossfire all weekend... The plan was to fly my Pike Plus, but a little "misshap..." ended that plan early saturday morning. We flew 8 rounds prelim. A lot of wind all saturday, the thermals was hard to find and fly. We finished 5 rounds saturday, and I had 3 OK rounds and 2 not so good.
Sunday was the oposite to saturday. Verry little wind, and a lot of small thermals. Not always easy to fly. But I got 3x1000 with my Crossfire, and was top 5 in the preliminary rounds. (5 in the finals).
When we started the finals on the afternoon, all wind and thermals where gone. No activity at all in the air, and I realised that my chances was gone... The Crossfire is a good model, but against Perfects and others like, I got no chance at all. And finished 5th. But I am really happy with that... Flying my F3B machine all weekend.
The winner was Jo Grini (his 6th title...), second was Tor Midtlund and third Arnfinn Lie. No. 4 was Alf Erik Ross.
A realy nice weekend it was, lot of good flying and quite some "sosializing..." in the evenings...
A BIG thanx to Jo Grini, he was organising both flying and the sosial happenings, including all meals all weekend.

Ingen kommentarer: